Please note that:
- This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
- It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
- Our full details are: CERT Property Limited, Hilton House, 26-28 Hilton Street, Manchester, M1 2EH. You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues ( www.ico.org.uk ). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
Changes to the privacy notice and your duty to inform us of changes
- This version was last updated on 17th of May 2018 can be obtained by contacting us.
- The data protection law in the UK will change on 25 May 2018. Although this privacy notice sets out most of your rights under the new laws, we may not yet be able to respond to some of your requests (for example, a request for the transfer of your personal data) until May 2018 as we are still working towards getting our systems ready for some of these changes.
- It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
Collection Of Personal Information
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data). We need to collect this information so that we can provide our services to you. Please do not contact us if you do not wish us to collect this information.
We collect personal information from you such as:
- Identity and Subscription Data (including for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters) including first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact/Engaging Data including billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data including bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data including details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data including internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, referral source, length of visit, number of page views, time zone setting and geographical location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
- Profile Data including your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data including information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data including your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
Use Of Your Information
By using our website, you agree that we may collect, hold, process and use your information (including personal information) for the purpose of providing you with our services and developing our business.
We may use your personal information in ways allowed by the law, for example:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation
- To allow you to use the services available via the website
- To send you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our services including new and upcoming developments, company updates and information about our products and services
- To send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications
- To provide third parties with anonymised statistical information
- To deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you via the website
- To contact you via text message, social media, email (and other electronic and instant messaging communications) or by post
- To facilitate administration of our website.
Generally we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us . We may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data.
Marketing and Promotion
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile.
Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing).
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased good or services from us or if you provided us with your details when you entered a competition or registered for a promotion and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any company outside of the CERT group of companies for marketing purposes.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by contacting us at any time. Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase, warranty registration, product/service experience or other transactions.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us . If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so. Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
International data transfers
Information which you provide may be transferred to countries (including other countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Areas (EEA)).
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information by use of our website.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring appropriate safeguards are implemented. Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
Third party websites
The website contains some links to other websites. We do not accept responsibility for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Safeguards And Security
No data transmission over the internet can be entirely secure, so we do not guarantee the security of your personal information and/or use of our website. However, we use reasonable endeavours to protect the security of your personal information from unauthorised access or use by using encryption technology.
Your personal information is protected in the UK by the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation. This means that the information which we hold about you should be:
- processed fairly and lawfully
- relevant and not excessive
- not retained for longer than is necessary
- kept up to date
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
How long will you use my personal data for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Details of retention periods for different aspects of your personal data are available in our retention policy which you can request from us by contacting us .
Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. If you wish to exercise any such rights, please contact us.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Accessing Your Personal Information
If you wish to review or receive copies of the personal information we hold about you, or have any other queries please write to us (including full details of your request) at:
CERT Property Limited Hilton House 26-28 Hilton Street Manchester M1 2EhH
We may charge a small administration fee in relation to fulfilling a request for access to your information.