About CERT property
Our Manchester office is a central hub for our group of companies, with in-house specialisms in acquisition, development, management and marketing of real estate assets across a range of sectors We take a proactive and hands-on approach to business. The company has grown and this role offers the opportunity to join an innovative and thriving team at the ground level with plenty of opportunity to develop with us.
Benefits and Culture
- What you put into the business is what you get out. Progression potential is massive as we are going through a huge growth period. You will be getting in on the ground level of a company and within a team where you can mould your role around you!
- We think it’s important to be comfy at work so we have a smart/casual dress policy in the office
- Social team, we like to get lunch together, afterwork drinks and eating up on the terrace in summer is lots of fun
- We are only 10/15 min walk to both Victoria and Piccadilly train stations
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
As an Asset Manager at CERT property you will be responsible for managing multiple client assets according to the business plan. You should have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and demonstrate exceptional customer service levels. Driven by a passion to succeed and over achieve, problem solving, prioritisation and critical thinking are integral to this role. Our sites should showcase the vision and value of our brand and our asset managers epitomise these values, managing through creative and strategic thinking alongside efficient operational and financial performance management.
Property Management and Development
- Working in partnership with the Acquisitions and Development team to give detailed and informed advice on the market and occupier demands to influence the design process
- Regular sites visits with the project management team and key stakeholders to ensure delivery of a market ready asset
- Preparation of target rents based on analysis of the market, projected trends and market intel
- Planning and preparing of operational strategies, service charge budgeting and Letting strategies prior to completion of a new development
- Ownership and delivery of the Lettings, Management and long term business plan
- Assessment of asset status, needs, risks, goals and progress
- Compiles and presents asset management reports to clients and senior management team
- Abides by the company procedure and protocol, suggesting and executing improvements when necessary to maximise efficiencies
- Studies market trends to maximise profits and identify investment opportunities
- Working alongside the marketing team to self generate lettings enquiries
- Conversion of lettings leads, structuring of Heads of Terms
- Working in partnership with third party solicitors and clients to structure ands agree new leases
- Strong negotiation skills to deliver the asset business plan and drive the profitability of the site
- Lead and manage complex tenant lease discussions in a timely and proactive manner
- Ensure compliance with all relevant health, safety and environmental legislation
- Plan, schedule and monitor compliance works (e.g. compliance related activities around; fire risk assessments, fire alarms, emergency lighting, lifts, door entry etc) efficiently and effectively ensuring that all required policies, processes and procedures are adhered to.
- Fosters and maintains positive client, tenant and supplier relationships
- Achieve deadlines, ensuring that you meet all KPIs and SLAs
- Execute and manage commercial services charge budgets and reforecasting annually; knowledge of spend to negotiate improved terms and efficiencies
- Management of Front of House teams performance and man hour efficiencies
- Management of asset profit and loss (CPMT) by maximising revenue and minimising costs
- Working alongside the Accounts team to ensure correct and timely invoicing and payment terms
- Management of tenant and supplier credit control
- Reviews financial reports to find ways to reduce costs and maximising profitability
- Strategic planning to identify long term revenue opportunities
- Identifying increased revenue opportunities through rent reviews, add on services and external events
- Working within capex budgets to deliver upgrades and improvements and maximise profitability
- Present monthly to MD and Head of Property Management progress to business plan, ongoing P&L, service charge expenditure and key actions for the month ahead
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong analytical skills
- Skilled in math and finance
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong time-management skills
- Detail oriented and highly organised
- Skilled in negotiation and project management
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Working knowledge of CRM software
- Confident and articulate with good presentation skills
- Good knowledge of health, safety and environmental legislation
- A full UK driving licence
- Enthusiastic, dedicated and hard working
- Self-motivated with a drive to succeed with all company and personal goals
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as a team
Candidates should understand the role may evolve according to individual asset and client needs. There is a requirement to be flexible and you will need to deliver above and beyond and sometimes outside of business hours to meet deadlines. You should be self motivated and comfortable with both office and remote working.
In return we offer you the opportunity to be part of a young, dynamic, hard working and fun loving team on an adventure to change the face of property investment, management and lifestyle brands in the UK and beyond!
For all applications please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re always looking for talented people who are full of passion to join our team, so if there aren’t any vacancies to suit you right now, just get in touch.
We’ve been shortlisted in the Insider Liverpool City Region Property Awards 2021, in the Property Deal of the Year Category, for our acquisition of Elevator Studios.